Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wine tasting 2

Tonight after class was a wine tasting at the vintage cellar.  I tried 5 different wines.  After tasting the Royal Chenin Blanc of South Africa, all I had to say was yuck.  I did not like it at all.  It was very wet, and basically like water with a sharpness.


The Coldstream Hills Sauvignon Blanc was very tasty.  It was less sharp and more of a smooth wine.  There was a good taste of fruit in it as well.  Again, I like this grape!




The Marques de Moral Crianza Tempranillo from Valdepenas, Spain was very different.  It was a light red wine, not very thick.  It did not have much taste, but instead tasted like bad grape water.  I did not like this one very much.














The Le Lapin Multiplicity was full of flavor.  While on the cheaper side, I lovedddd this wine.  It was sweet and fruity, which I noramlly vere away from, but in this case it was very pleasant.  This winery is in Paso Robles, California.















Lastly, we tried the Opera Prima Moscato from Spain.  Normally, I really enjoy Moscato, but this was wayyy too sweet for me.  I remember liking moscato usually, so maybe I don't anymore? Or maybe I will try some more and like them.  We will see.  But this particular was a burst of sweetness and bubbles.  Definitely not my preference.


No comments:

Post a Comment